ASSISTANT FINANCIAL CONTROLLER
Dolmen Hotel is currently seeking to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller to assist in the financial reporting, management and control of the hotel.
Main responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review management accounts.
- Assist in payroll management.
- Examine financial reports and data to check for discrepancies.
- Perform operational analysis to detect any deviation from budgets.
- Prepare VAT & ECO tax returns and other reports related to government agencies.
- Compile insurance claims and follow-up their successful resolution.
- Develop and monitor internal control procedures.
- Prepare reports to management and regulatory bodies as and when required.
- Foster relationships with other departments regarding financial matters.
- Train and supervise other finance team members.
- Prepare documentation to support the internal and external auditors.
- Train and supervise other team members to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- A qualified Accountant or in the final stage with 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Well versed in MS Office, in particular Excel.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deliver accurate and timely information consistently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Maltese and English.
- Reliable, organised and discreet.
- Leadership and team playing abilities.
Keep abreast with financial management and reporting best practices.
Dolmen Hotel is looking for a Banqueting Manager to assume responsibility for supervising conference and banqueting operations with the aim of delivering an excellent service to the hotel’s customers throughout.
Reporting into the F & B Manager, the selected candidate will oversee all aspects of a banquet/conference including set-up, food presentation and serving as well as cleaning up of events area. The Banqueting Manager will maintain regular communication with customers, manage any queries in a timely manner and ensure the smooth running of all events and related billings.
Other duties include:
- Maintain good lines of communication with the F&B Manager and Banqueting Manager.
- Plan, organize and supervise the daily operations.
- Delegate tasks to team members according to the approved plan.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to circulate the required information among team members and maintain a positive team spirit throughout the event.
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas.
- Maintain a high quality standard of service.
- Co-ordinate with other departments on the delivery of services related to banquets and conferences.
Candidates should be in possession of the following attributes to be short listed for this position:
- A minimum of a year work experience in a similar role in the hotel industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Able to adapt to a flexible schedule, be highly motivated and committed to deliver a high level of service to customers.
Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their application together with an updated Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com.
Alternatively, applications can be sent by post to Dolmen Complex Ltd. Portomaso Business Tower, Level 3, Portomaso, St. Julians, STJ 4011.
We are seeking to recruit passionate Chefs with innovative ideas and enthusiasm for food creations to join our dynamic team on a full-time or part-time basis in the following positions.
- Demi Chef de Partie
- Commis Chefs
Reporting to the Executive Chef and Sous Chefs, the selected candidates will be required to work in the various food outlets and operations throughout the Hotel. Food preparation and production procedures have to adher to our Food Quality standards. All Food Hygiene policies must be followed and attention for wastages and food cost is required at all times.
To qualify for these roles, candidates should:
- have worked for at least one year within a Four / Five-Star Hotel or Restaurant/Outlet in a similar role;
- have good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- possess a positive working attitude, an independent mind-set and attention to detail;
- demonstrate creativity whenever possible.
If you are interested in the above positions, kindly send an updated CV with a covering letter to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org