We are seeking to recruit a creative and results driven sous chef to join our talented kitchen team. As a key member of the kitchen team, you will take the lead for specific tasks while assisting the Executive Chef in the daily operations and development of the department.
The Dolmen Hotel is a leading 4-star property in St Paul’s Bay having 488 rooms and suites, renowned F&B outlets and leisure facilities. It offers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere combined with excellent facilities for both holiday makers and business travellers.
As a member of the management team, you will be responsible for:
- Development of new menu options based on seasonal changes and customer demand.
- Assisting with the preparation and planning of meal designs.
- Ensuring that kitchen activities operate in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and recording inventory and ordering of new supplies.
- Ensuring standards, procedures, department rules and sanitation requirements.
- Monitoring kitchen activities, expediting orders to ensure quality, taste and presentation.
- Providing support and direction to junior kitchen employees with various tasks.
- Recruiting and training new kitchen employees to meet restaurant and kitchen standards.
- Creating schedules for kitchen employees and evaluating their performance.
- Implementing sanitation regulations and safety regulations.
Our ideal candidate is a creative professional who is willing to participate in creating seasonal menus and meal designs besides having the following:
- A minimum of 2 / 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
- Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Should you be interested in this management post you are welcome to send your CV to email@example.com